In simple words, WordPress(WP) can be defined as a tool or software used for blog creation and content management system. The word that is most often associated with WordPress is EASY! WP is easy to apply as the site comes with tutorial lessons for beginners.
A recent survey tells us that WP covers more than 35% of the websites on the internet. Now if you visit WordPress.com, the first thing that you see is their heading that says ‘ Welcome to the world’s most popular website builder’. This is the level of confidence that is present with the WP team.
They produce amazing services and are the favored ones among corporates, bloggers, and small businesses. The best part of WP is accessibility and easy to use nature of the website creation tool.
Types of WordPress websites
In the beginning, WP was primarily used to create a blog. Then they slowly transitioned into the making of different types of websites through the introduction of plugins, themes, and by tweaking the codes at the base level. Nowadays in the present scenario, it powers a huge number of e-commerce websites compared to the olden days where it was used primarily for blog creation.
WP can be used to make
- Business websites
- E-commerce websites
WP is a manufacturing plant that makes webpages and the more creative a user can get, the more options WPs lays in front. WP was created back in 2003 and the creation of Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. It is an open-source software. Nowadays they are made by the WordPress community or individuals who make generous efforts to make the tool even better.WP has evolved into the problem solver for many among the internet.
Reasons for using WordPress
Over 37% of the websites created nowadays are solely dependent on WP. That doesn’t mean you have to follow the herd. But there are reasons why many professionals and businesses prefer WP over other website creation tools.
- WP is free – It is open-source software and its free to use. Though you might out have to ditch out a couple of bucks for hosting, the basic services come free compared to its competitors like Squarespace or Wix.
- Easy to modify – One of the things about WP is its extensive approach to making different kinds of plugins. Themes are provided to modify our website to suit our preferences.
- WP is easy to install – The major brilliance by the WordPress team is their installation process. A beginner with the least amount of experience on the internet can install and use WordPress on their websites. Nowadays some of the websites offer pre-installation. This relates to how much of an extent WP is reliable and popular amongst the community. Also, the installation process is user friendly and can be completed within a few minutes.
- Evolving nature of WP– The best part of WP is its evolving attitude and flexibility. Plugins are exclusively created to serve this purpose.
A plugin is a piece of software that acts as an add-on to a web browser and gives the browser additional functionality. There are over 50,000 of these WordPress plugins that are free to enable and function the websites according to the user’s preference.
Plugins can allow a web browser to display additional content it was not originally designed to display. Themes contribute to how your website looks and WP offers over 5000 free themes to support your interest.
However, at times there arises a confusion among the users among the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
The website Kinsta explains it in detail on the differences.
- WordPress.org, often called self-hosted WordPress, is the free, open-source WordPress software that you can install on your web host to create a website that’s 100% your own.
- WordPress.com is a for-profit, paid service that is powered by the WordPress.org software. It’s simple to use, but you lose much of the flexibility of the self-hosted WordPress.
WordPress is extremely popular among the global internet users. It’s more than just a tool. It gives its users SATISFACTION, one of the main intentions of the WP community to give back more than what you asked for.