Choosing one between Shopify Vs Wix is hard. Both have their own specialities. They both have pros and cons that need to be considered while choosing one between them. So, let us dive into a detailed comparison between the. Let Wix Vs Shopify- Battle of the Best begin!
Comparison- Shopify Vs Wix
1. Wix was developed for websites than for online stores. It does provide features now that helps you to set up an online store. The basic plan is around $23/month and provides around 20GB storage space.
1. Shopify was exclusively developed for online store setup. The basic version of Shopify costs around $29/ month and provides many features too. But it lacks some basic ones like gift cards.
2. It provides options for product variants, user review, dropshipping, Seo options, Customer login, SSL and checking out options. However, it does not support a multilingual store.
2. Shopify provides options for product variants, user review, dropshipping, Seo options, Customer login, SSL and checking out options. This also provides support for the multilingual store.
3. Wix is very easy to use. Even if you are new with it, you will find this very simple. So, there are fewer chances that you may need to learn this. You will feel a natural adjustment with the easy interface and helpful design. So, for the beginners, this is great.
3. Shopify is designed beautifully but for beginners, it won’t be as easy as Wix. You may need to tie to get used to the design and all. So, for beginners, this isn’t that better option than Wix. Thus, you might need time to learn and understand this.
4. Wix comes with over 60 templates for online stores. This is entirely free. It is not customizable so even if you have an idea about HTML or CSS, you can’t customise it.
4. Shopify doesn’t have many free templates that can be used but the premium ones are truly magnificent with their customizability. So, it helps if you want a customised one.
5. Wix Payment options– Paypal, Credit cards, offline payments, other channels like Instagram and Facebook are available. This does not support Apple pay or Google pay. It does not allow multiple currencies too. Thus, there are some features that Wiz doesn’t support.
5. Shopify Payment options– Paypal, Credit cards, offline payments, other channels like Instagram and Facebook are available. Shopify supports Apple pay or Google pay. This even allows multiple currencies too. It provides better performance here.
6. Wix uses absolute positioning, where web elements are positioned by pixel. This is not completely responsive as that of Shopify. In practice, this means that you have to create two versions of your Wix website, one for desktop, and one for mobile. This means more work for you as an end-user.
6. Shopify’s templates are all 100% responsive, meaning that their components — text, images, forms etc. — will automatically resize themselves to suit the device that they’re being viewed on (for example a desktop computer, mobile, or tablet).
7.Wix is designed for much smaller online stores. This means that everything from the app market, to inventory management, is more limited in nature. It is lesser than Shopify.
7. Shopify is designed for bigger stores. It provides more features than Wiz does that includes a search bar where you can search for product using a keyword.
Login and checkout
8. Wix gives you basic options than the advanced ones offered by Shopify. The Wix features are quite basic in comparison to that offered by Wix. This also provides a checkout section with member sections for the shoppers who are quite frequent.
8. Shopify gives you numerous choices if you want the users to register before going to the checkout. It can be mandatory, optional, or prohibited, and it’s simple for users to subscribe by filling in some fundamental information. To the other side of things, you can add users manually or import a list via CSV. You can sort them anyhow you want.
SSL and SEO
9. Wix provides strong SSL encryption. You can check in on your domain. Also, this provides some really great SEO tools that help build your store. You can also add a Facebook Pixel code to track your e-commerce conversions on social media.
9. Shopify also provides strong SSL encryption. You can check in on your domain. Also, this provides some really great SEO tools that help build your store. You can also add a Facebook Pixel code to track your e-commerce conversions on social media.
10. Wix provides Free Shipping, Flat rate, weight-based rates and so on. It allows to create various shipping rules and also to print labels. Real-time shipping is done by Only USPS (USA) and Correios (Brazil). Dropshipping carriers is carried out by Modalysts.
10. Shopify provides Free Shipping, Flat rate, weight-based rates and so on. It allows to create various shipping rules and also to print labels. Real-time shipping is done by USPS, FedEx and UPS. Dropshipping carriers is carried out by Shipwire and Rakuten (via app) and native integration with Amazon fulfilment.
11. Wix authorises a user to maintain your store on the go, via mobile apps. The mobile application is called ‘Wix Mobile App’. The Wix app is admirably befitted to those demanding to perform customary edits to their website, and the Shopify one is better for e-commerce. You can utilise the Wix app to generate blog posts, conduct events and combine images to galleries. Also, these species of general site updates are not done with the Shopify app.
11. There are true quite a few mobile apps available for Shopify, but the main ones are- Shopify and Shopify POS. the Shopify POS app is for Shopify users who are operating in a ‘point-of-sale’ connection (i.e., a physical location — market stall, shop etc.) and require to get a payment or sync inventory using their mobile device.
So, this was the basic comparison of ‘Shopify Vs Wix- Battle to find the Best’. Both are really close at times with just a very few differences. Choose the one well suited for your site.