What is the most important thing that you need to think about after starting a website? Yes, the user interaction that your site has. What is the use of a site that has no viewership, right? So, you need some sort of tools to see if there is a proper and sound viewership on the site. For that, you can try installing the Google Analytics tool in WordPress. Let us see quickly how to install Google Analytics. The best way to know your audience is through your traffic stats, and this is what Google Analytics provides for FREE.
Google Analytics is a strong free web analytics tool that gathers important information concerning your web appearance and objective audience. By getting web analytics insights, you learn to create data-driven determinations to improve your WordPress website in the most productive way.
Importance of Analytics
When you start to create a site, what will me the greatest motive? It would be definitely the simple fact that your site reaches more and more popularity. Google Analytics is one of the ways that can help you do that.
If you are thinking about why should you install it then the following reasons might help you to decide better.
- Audience insights: You can see who is seeing your content. Isn't that mandatory? Shouldn't you have an idea about whom to focus and what should you do to increase the interactions among those on whom you focus? You can understand who visits your website and where your audience is established. You can also view what users are visiting and how extended they stay on your site. By dividing your audience, you’ll get to improve a business growth plan in a computed behaviour
- Create your strategies: When you know your audience, you can generate a plan for them specifically. You can target them and do better with each improvisation of yours.
- Consistency Maintenance: If you know what your reader liked the most, then you can change the content accordingly. It will be really great for the site and the performance.
- Time: You need to recognise the most active time. Posting time is one of the most significant factors that can transform your website’s traffic. Once you know those peak times, you can change your posting time accordingly.
Installing Google Analytics
There are two methods to install Google Analytics onto your WordPress site. The first is by using a plugin and the second is doing it manually.
Google Analytics is one of the most widespread web analytics tools in the market. This Google-supported free service can give you important data concerning website traffic and audience behaviour. Thus, you learn to make data-driven arrangements to illustrate the extension of your site far forward.
How to work with Google Analytics
Google Analytics is obtainable for free and all you require is a Google or Gmail account to sign up. The signup method is quite uncomplicated, follow the step by step instructions below to create your Google Analytics account.
First, you need to visit Google Analytics sign up.
You will be asked to log in with your Google account. If you already have a Google or Gmail account, then you can use that to sign-in. Otherwise, you can go ahead and create a Google account for yourself.
Once you sign-in with your Gmail account, you will be prompted to a screen. This is where you will signup for Google analytics with your Gmail account.
Secondly, after that, you will be required to furnish an account name. This name will be practised within so you can apply anything like the business name or as such.
Then, On the next screen, you will be provided with the alternative to decide between a web, apps, or apps and web. Do make sure you select ‘Web’. After that, you require to enter the website name, website’s URL, country, and time zone.
If you have listed this knowledge, then you need to click on the Next button. You will be offered Google Analytics terms and service which you must agree to, so click on the ‘I Agree’ button. Simple, isn't it?
Now you will be exhibited with your Google Analytics tracking code. You can copy this tracking code because you will need to enter it on your WordPress site. MonsterInsights fulfils its goal of making analytics easy for beginners. It gives you the powerful insights of Google Analytics, without the overwhelm. It's easily the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
There are many ways using which you can perform the required task. We would strongly suggest you to use the plugin called MonsterInsights. And let us see how can that be done.
- You can choose on your WordPress dashboard, an option called Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights plugin. Download and activate it. You can do it by simply clicking on the buttons provided for the same.
- After you do this, you can go back to the WordPress dashboard. A new Insights option should pop up.
- Then you will have to scroll down a bit and you’ll see Launch the Wizard! button. Click on it.
- You can carry on following the instructions and naming in the necessary information. Once all the required steps are done, you’ll see the Finish Setup & Exit Wizard button.
- After this, you can go to Insights -> Reports to see your site’s performance.
It helps to set up universal website hunting across devices and operations with just a few clicks (without any code). You can get specific stats for each post and page, so you can observe the most popular posts, pages, and sections of your site. Also, It makes Google Analytics submissive to GDPR and additional privacy regulations automatically.
These are the points about Google Analytics in WordPress. Hope we helped you with this. Do let us know what you feel about this article. Read more-